FOOTBALL TRAGEDY

In one-week's time, two Bergen County teens died playing football, while another was seriously injured. Sean Fisher of Waldwick died suddenly during football practice running drills on a mild summer night. It was his 13th birthday. His mom was at home baking cupcakes when she got the call.

James and Shelia Fisher lost their only son due to an undetected heart condition. On Friday I covered the Sean's funeral. Sean is my son's name, and he too is an only child.

This is NOT an assignment I enjoy doing. Every news photographer I know hates having to cover funerals for obvious reasons. They are uneasy, somber, and delicate assignments. But I tell myself that this boy's life had meaning, hundreds turned out to pay respects to the young man, and by covering the funeral I am in a way paying my respects, as much as I detest being there. Here is link to video shot by my colleague Kim Mineo.