Foo-Fighting



"Living with our heads underground
Into the night we shine
Lighting the way we glide by
Catch me if I get too high
If I come down
I'll be coming home next year."
-Foo Fighters, "Next Year
On Saturday night, my bud Jim Anness and I were leaving NBC after shooting a wedding at The Rainbow Room (it was spectacular -congrats Vanessa & John...here's to a lifetime of happiness) when we saw Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters hanging in the lobby with some family and friends before going on SNL.

I of course thought maybe he was the janitor, not a big fan. Had no idea. But my man Jimmy spotted him right away and was like a school girl on prom night. So we hung back waiting for the right moment to ask him for pic. He couldn't have been nicer... not to mention how impressed he was at my vast skill in pulling off the one arm extended Hail-Mary.
The exchange went something like this:
Dude, wow you can do that?
Sure Dave...I'm a professional.
Now look at the camera and give me some attitude.
Read this about Grohl on Wikipedia:
"In May 2006, Grohl sent a note of support to the two trapped miners in the Beaconsfield mine collapse in Tasmania, Australia. In the initial days following the collapse, one of the men requested an iPod with Foo Fighters songs to be sent down to them through a small hole.

Grohl's note read, in part, "Though I'm halfway around the world right now, my heart is with you both, and I want you to know that when you come home, there's two tickets to any Foos show, anywhere, and two cold beers waiting for yous. Deal?" In October 2006, one of the miners took up his offer, joining Grohl for a drink after the Foo Fighters acoustic concert at the Sydney Opera House.

Grohl wrote an instrumental piece for the meeting, which Grohl pledged he would include on the band's next album. The song appears on the Foo Fighters' latest release Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, titled "The Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners"."